Your stroke rehab team will include doctors and nurses who specialize in stroke rehab, as well as rehabilitation therapists such as:
- Physical therapist to help with problems with movement, balance and coordination.
- Occupational therapist to help you practice eating, bathing, dressing, writing and other daily tasks.
- Speech therapist to help you relearn language skills and also help if you have problems with swallowing.
- Neuropsychologist to help you deal with your emotions.
- Dietitian to help you plan a healthy diet to help prevent future strokes.
- Social worker to help you and your caregivers arrange for the help and equipment you may need at home.