If you’re reading this, you’re likely already experiencing back pain.
The expert staff at the EvergreenHealth Neuroscience, Spine & Orthopedic Institute offers these tips to help manage and alleviate the back pain you may be experiencing.
- Remain active (under the supervision of your physician) including appropriate exercise for your age and health status.
- Warm up before exercising or other physical activities, especially after prolonged sitting.
- Avoid prolonged inactivity or bed rest.
- Maintain proper posture.
- If you work in an office, make sure that you have an ergonomic working environment, and minimize prolonged sitting.
- Always lift with your legs rather than with your back. Keep the object you’re lifting close to your body, and don’t twist when lifting.
- Wear comfortable, low-heeled shoes.
- Maintain a healthy diet
- Quit smoking
Call us: 425.899.4930
Let us connect you with a physician who can help you get back to living with less pain.