After Your Spine Surgery
Your after-surgery recuperation will take place in our specially designed unit in EvergreenHealth Medical Center's Silver Tower, which is staffed by nurses specially trained in post-surgical care.
Our patient rooms
Each private patient room includes:
- A large window with natural light
- A day bed for an overnight guest
- Ample storage for your belongings
- An entertainment center
- A large, private bathroom that is fully accessible
- Showers that easily accommodate wheelchairs
- A lift system to help you move safely from your beds
- Exam room-quality lighting above the bed
- Hallway windows that allow nurses to monitor without disrupting you
- A "pass through" system that enables housekeeping and pharmacy to stock rooms without having to enter them
The unit includes a nutrition center stocked with snacks and juice for whenever you need something.
Free parking is available in any of our garages; the Silver garage provides direct access to the unit.
Services on the unit
Everything you need to begin your recovery from spine surgery is conveniently located on the unit, including:
- Physical therapy
- Nutrition therapy
- Social services
- Case management
Throughout your stay, your registered nurse is always just a call button away.
Our nurses carry wireless phones instead of pagers, so they are able to respond more quickly.
Your surgeon is also able to contact your nurse directly via the wireless phone, resulting in more timely communication between your care team.
Our focus is absolute patient safety, so we use bedside medication bar-coding to ensure that you receive the right dosage of the right medication at the right time.
Learn more about medication bar-coding