Acute Rehabilitation Unit
EvergreenHealth's Acute Rehabilitation Unit (ARU) is a facility within EvergreenHealth Medical Center where you receive intensive rehabilitation after a life-changing injury or illness.
The 14-bed inpatient unit and our rehabilitation team provide individualized treatment catered towards your potential to gain independence and make a safe return home as soon as possible.
Care in the ARU
Care in the ARU includes:
- Close medical supervision provided by Rehab Physician and 24-hour nursing care
- Licensed physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Rehabilitation psychologist and social worker
- Weekly team conferences for care coordination
- Patient and family training
Who Would Benefit From the ARU
This comprehensive rehabilitation benefits those who experience:
- Spinal cord injury and surgery
- Brain injury and neurological disorders
- Medically complex conditions and surgery
The ARU is appropriate for those who require, and are able to actively participate in, three hours of therapy per day (physical, occupational, speech-language pathology), five to seven days per week, for help with:
- Impairments in daily living activities
- Impaired mobility, balance and coordination
- Swallowing disorders
- Speech and communication impairments
- Memory deficits and judgment impairments
- Limitations in joint motion, strength or weakness
Admission Criteria For the ARU
Admission to the ARU can only be coordinated by a physician. Once your physician's referral is received, our admission staff and rehabilitation physicians will verify that you meet our medical criteria:
- Have a condition that requires treatment by multiple therapy disciplines
- Are able to perform a minimum of three hours of therapy a day
- Require close monitoring in a hospital setting and frequent physician visits versus a skilled nursing facility or other setting where physician visits are less frequent.
The admission staff will work with you and your family to obtain proper insurance pre-authorization.
A member of our team will be in touch to provide you with additional information about your stay at the ARU prior to admission.
For More Information
If you'd like to learn more about the Acute Rehabilitation Unit, contact us at:
(425) 899-3152 (weekdays)
(425) 899-2545 (weekends)