Total Joint Replacement
Don't let joint pain slow you down. Stay on the move with EvergreenHealth's advanced joint replacement services, available from experienced surgeons with specialized, fellowship training. You'll get complete care every step of your journey from a team that treats you with the same level of attention to detail and compassion as they would a member of their own family. Find out why your neighbors report high satisfaction with our care, and start living a more active, pain-free life for better health.
Recognized for High-Quality Treatment
We don't strive to provide exceptional care for the sake of receiving national recognition, though we're pleased to share that you can trust EvergreenHealth's quality and expertise as the recipient of the following Healthgrades awards:
- America's 50 Best Hospitals Award, putting us in the top 1% of hospitals in the nation for clinical quality
- Five stars, the highest rating, for hip and knee replacement due to our even better-than-expected patient outcomes
Healthgrades is a nationwide organization that provides information to empower patients in making healthcare decisions based on proven quality care outcomes.
Am I a candidate for joint replacement?
Partner with a highly experienced total joint surgeon at EvergreenHealth about joint replacement if:
- Your hip, knee, or shoulder has arthritis (joint pain) or avascular necrosis (death of bone tissue due to lack of blood supply)
- You haven't gotten enough symptom relief from conservative approaches, such as medication, physical therapy, steroid injections, weight loss, or use of assistive devices, like canes or walkers
- Pain stops you from doing everyday activities or sleeping well
Your Surgical Consultation
It's your choice when and whether to get joint replacement surgery. A personal consultation with a total joint surgeon will help you make an informed decision that is fully tailored to your body and lifestyle goals. When you visit, look forward to meeting our friendly, attentive surgical team—from the receptionist to your nurse to the surgeon. We'll make you feel comfortable and take plenty of time to listen carefully to your concerns, expectations, and goals. Ask your surgeon as many questions as you need, and bring a loved one to the consultation for support.
Hear a Surgeon's Take
Learn more about when to consider joint replacement and what to expect before and after surgery in this podcast featuring fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon Adam Rothenburg, MD.
Hip, Knee & Shoulder Procedures
Also called arthroplasty, joint replacement exchanges your damaged joint surface for an artificial one that can last up to 20 years. Choose EvergreenHealth for:
- Hip replacement, including the minimally invasive direct anterior (front) approach, which affects less tissue, reduces recovery time and improves stability
- Knee replacement, including less invasive partial knee replacement
- Shoulder replacement, including reverse shoulder replacement, an option if you’ve had a severe rotator cuff injury
- Revision surgery, which replaces a worn-out or ineffective implant with a new one and requires advanced skills, like those of EvergreenHealth orthopedic surgeons
Advanced Technology Improves Your Outcome
To perform your procedure in the most precise way, your surgeon will use advanced technology such as:
- Surgical robot that offers a 3D view of your joint and helps improve your new joint's positioning for a more natural feel, fit and alignment
- Computer navigation that provides detailed information about your joint’s alignment and helps to plan exactly how best to align and size your implants
Outpatient Joint Replacement
We know you want to get back to the comfort of home as soon as possible after surgery. Most joint replacement procedures take place on an outpatient basis, meaning you don't need to recover in the hospital overnight—or pay for an inpatient stay.
In rare cases, your surgeon may ask you to stay overnight in the hospital. Rest assured, you will be well cared for by our exceptional orthopedic nursing staff, who will stay in close contact with your surgical team throughout the night. After you go home, we'll answer all of your questions and make sure you get all the follow-up care you need.
Manage Your Care From Home
Stay in touch with your care team before and after surgery through in-person appointments, phone calls, and the Force Therapeutics virtual platform. This online tool lets you:
- Record your progress and share updates with your surgical team and nurses, so they can help you stay on track during recovery
- Send questions, messages, and health-related photos to your surgical team at any time
- View educational videos and tips for each step of your joint replacement journey, so you understand exactly what to expect
More From Our Expert Surgeons
Learn how joint replacement at EvergreenHealth is tailored to each patient's unique situation.